NGINX is available in three versions, for technology professionals through to businesses and enterprises
|Version||NGINX||NGINX Plus Standard||NGINX Plus Premium|
|Who is it for?||Technology professionals requiring performance, scalability and reliability||Businesses requiring enterprise grade application delivery controller and media streaming capabilities backed up with support||Enterprises and Governments requiring the highest level of support and maintainability|
|Reverse proxy for HTTP and Mail||✓||✓||✓|
|Security and bandwidth management||✓||✓||✓|
|Application Delivery Controller|
|Simple load balancing for HTTP/HTTPS||✓||✓||✓|
|Advanced load balancing||✓||✓|
|Application health checks||✓||✓|
|High performance streaming for MP4/FLV||✓||✓||✓|
|HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)||✓||✓|
|HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)||✓||✓|
|Remote logging with syslog||✓||✓|
|Self-service community support||✓||✓||✓|
|9x5 support from the Nginx team||✓|
|24x7 support from the Nginx team||✓|
|Pricing||Free||$1,350 annual subscription per server||$2,700 annual subscription per server|
NGINX Plus accelerates content and application delivery, improves security, facilitates availability and scalability for the busiest web sites on the Internet. Get started with the commercial subscription today for additional features, product support, and a full suite of professional services for complete end to end enterprise solutions.
Advantages and Benefits
Scalability and Performance
Serves a million users or more per server, tens of thousands of requests per second, with best in class multi-tenancy for virtual hosts. Easily scale it out for unparalleled efficiency.
Future-proof, IPv6-ready reverse proxy with load balancing, application request routing, content acceleration and caching. Alternative solution to hardware ADC or load balancer, effectively delivering users' traffic to the application.
Works predictably, without spikes — can run effectively on low power chipsets or virtual machines with limited RAM. Eliminate unexpected issues with operations and reduce infrastructure costs.
Flexible, logical, easily scalable setup — ten lines of directives enable load balancing or static content delivery. Don't waste engineering hours on tweaking unreadable configurations.
Built to optimize CPU and memory resource utilization. Extremely efficient in virtualized public and private cloud environments. Pay less, get more.
Easily automated with tools like Puppet and Chef. Can be managed by independent development teams. Shift engineering focus from maintenance to innovation.
- NGINX Plus offers a unique blend of application request routing, security, content delivery and acceleration features, typically found only in expensive networking appliances — all in one compact, software-only package.
- NGINX Plus is a proven solution for converged traffic management and content delivery tier. NGINX Plus features can be used independently or in a logical combination.
- NGINX Plus frees applications from the heavy lifting of HTTP, offering purpose-built, scalable, uniform and generally applicable infrastructure component ideally suited for modern distributed web architectures.
- NGINX Plus shares its core with the renowned, battle-hardened open source NGINX product. Additional features in NGINX Plus were designed to support mission critical production environments.
NGINX Plus is exactly what our customers need to reduce the complexity of managing their applications. The additional load balancing, monitoring and caching features allow NGINX Plus to become a single application acceleration tool replacing a number of other tools in the application stack."
NGINX Plus Datasheet
NGINX Plus was developed to leverage the underutilized server capacity created by legacy application architectures, ultimately accelerating content delivery and vastly improving HTTP traffic management closer to the application edge.
Protocols and performance
- HTTP/1.1, HTTPS, SPDY, WebSocket
- IMAP, POP3, SMTP with an external HTTP based authentication
- IPv4 and IPv6
- 1 million concurrent connections
- 10,000+ virtual servers multi-tenancy
- Connection multiplexing pools for low latency communications
- HTTP, FastCGI, SCGI, uwsgi, memcached
- Exact, prefix, regex-based URL/URI path switching
- Reverse proxy and load balancer with round-robin, least-connected, ip-hash
- Session persistence
- Application backend health monitoring
- Bandwidth, connection and request policing
- Protocol isolation and request filtering
- Header manipulation
Edge Cache and Origin Server
- Content offload and caching
- On-the-fly content compression and optimization
- HTTP video streaming with MP4/FLV/HDS/HLS
- OCSP Stapling
Configuration and Management
- Live reconfiguration of server pools to change upstream settings on the fly
- Activity monitoring
- Geo-IP configuration
- Logging to syslog
- Active-Standby (NGINX AMI and standalone)
- Live binary upgrades to eliminate downtime
- Graceful restart with non-stop request processing
Supported Operating Systems and Architectures
- Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Amazon Linux, Red Hat, SuSE, Solaris, SmartOS, *BSD
- x86_64, i386, ARM
NGINX Plus was designed and optimized for use on generic server hardware. A common recommendation for an edge server capable of serving 3-6Gbps of live traffic and 20-50K requests per second is the following:
- 4 Xeon E5 series CPUs, 2-8 core per CPU
- 16-32GB RAM
- 6 x 250GB SSD drives
- 10G Intel networking card
NGINX at WordPress.comGrowing web architecture 4+ times can be a daunting task. While hardware appliances like F5 BIG-IP's offered many features, Automattic decided to use NGINX because of its unique...
What Powers InstagramInstagram scaled their service to tens of millions of users in a little over a year with just a few engineers on board. Core principles of Instagram engineering are to keep it very...
NASA Tells the World about MarsIn just a few weeks, NASA/JPL was able to design, build, test, and deploy their web hosting and live video streaming solution to cover Curiosity's landing.
Colophon for GOV.UK at LaunchThe Government Digital Service is a new team within the Cabinet Office tasked with transforming government digital services. In this article GDS describes the open source technology...
Download 30 day trial
Please complete the form below to download your 30 day free trial of NGINX Plus. Thanks for visiting Nginx.