NGINX, Inc. participates in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network as a Standard Technology Partner. We offer the following Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) at the AWS Marketplace, for use in the AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2):
- NGINX Plus – Amazon Linux AMI (HVM)
- NGINX Plus – Ubuntu AMI (HVM)
- NGINX Plus – Amazon Linux AMI
- NGINX Plus – Ubuntu AMI
The AMIs contain the following components:
- Latest version of NGINX Plus, optimized for use with AWS
- A set of pre-packaged software to build highly available NGINX Plus configurations
Installing the NGINX Plus AMI
To quickly set up an NGINX Plus environment on AWS:
- Follow the instructions in Getting Started with EC2 to sign up on AWS and get more information about EC2 itself.
- Proceed to the product page at the AWS Marketplace for one of the four AMIs listed above, and launch the AMI. When configuring the firewall rules, add a rule to accept web traffic on TCP ports 80 and 443 (this happens automatically if you use the “1-Click Launch” option).
- As soon as the new EC2 instance launches, NGINX Plus starts automatically and serves a default index.html page. To view the page, use a web browser to access the public DNS name of the new instance. You can also check the status of the NGINX Plus server by logging into the EC2 instance and running this command:
What If I Need Help?
Customers who purchase an NGINX Plus AMI at the AWS Marketplace are eligible for the AWS support provided by the NGINX, Inc. engineering team. To activate support, submit the AMI Support Activation form (you need your AWS account number). When you request support, we’ll ask you to provide the AWS account number that you registered, along with the IDs of your EC2 instances in some cases.
- High-performance load balancing
- Application-aware health checks
- Massively-scalable content caching
- Sophisticated streaming media delivery
- Advanced activity monitoring
- DevOps on-the-fly reconfiguration
All backed by dedicated support from NGINX, Inc.