NGINX Plus Releases
14 April 2015
NGINX Plus R6
NGINX Plus R6 is a feature release of NGINX Plus:
- TCP proxy enhancements (health checks, dynamic reconfiguration, SSL support, logging, status counters).
- New least time load balancing method.
- Unbuffered upload support (proxy request buffering and friends).
- Proxy SSL authentication support for http and uwsgi.
- Proxy cache enhancements (variables support in proxy cache, use_temp_path parameter in proxy cache path).
- Client SSL certificates support in mail proxy.
- Autoindex module enhancement (the autoindex format directive).
- New status dashboard.
- Lua module updated to version 0.9.16rc1 (nginx-plus-lua, nginx-plus-extras).
- Passenger module updated to version 4.0.59 (nginx-plus-extras).
- set-misc module updated to version 0.28 (nginx-plus-extras).
NGINX Plus R6 is supported on: RHEL/CentOS/Oracle Linux 5.10+, 6.5+, 7.0; Debian 6, 7; SLES 11 SP3, 12; Ubuntu 10.04, 12.04, 14.04, 14.10; FreeBSD 9.3, 10.1. NGINX Plus Extras and NGINX Plus Lua have additional package dependencies.
More information: NGINX Plus R6 Release Announcement.
2 December 2014
NGINX Plus r5
NGINX Plus r5 is a feature release of NGINX Plus:
- New TCP proxying and load balancing mode (the stream module).
- Sticky session timeout now applies from the most recent request in the session.
- Upstream “draining” can be used to remove an upstream server without interrupting any user sessions (the drain command of the upstream conf dynamic configuration interface).
- Improved control over request retries in the event of failure, based on number of tries and time. Also available for fastcgi, uwsgi, scgi and memcached modules.
- Caching: the Vary response header is correctly handled (multiple variants of the same resource can be cached). Note that the on-disk cache format has changed, so cached content will be invalidated after the upgrade.
- Caching: improved support for byte-range requests.
- Ability to control upstream bandwidth with the proxy limit rate directive.
- Lua module updated to version 0.9.13 (nginx-plus-lua, nginx-plus-extras).
- Passenger module updated to version 4.0.53 (nginx-plus-extras).
NGINX Plus r5 is supported on: RHEL/CentOS 5.9, 6.5, 7; Debian 6, 7; SLES 11 SP3, 12; Ubuntu 10.04, 12.04, 14.04, 14.10; FreeBSD 9.3, 10.0. NGINX Plus Extras and NGINX Plus Lua have additional package dependencies.
More information: NGINX Plus r5 Release Announcement.
24 July 2014
NGINX Plus r4
NGINX Plus r4 is a feature release of NGINX Plus:
- Added the ability to verify backend SSL certificates.
- Added support for SNI while working with SSL backends.
- Passphrases for SSL private keys can now be stored in an external file.
- New load balancing method based on user-defined keys with optional consistency.
- Introduced a new session affinity mechanism (sticky learn) based on server-initiated sessions.
- Cache revalidation now uses If-None-Match header if possible.
- Added conditional logging for requests (the if parameter of the access log directive).
- Added the ability to retrieve a subset of the extended status data.
- MP4 module now supports the end query argument which sets the end point of playback.
- Lua module updated to version 0.9.10 (nginx-plus-lua, nginx-plus-extras).
- Passenger open-source module updated to version 4.0.45 (nginx-plus-extras).
NGINX Plus r4 is supported on: RHEL/CentOS 5.9, 6.5, 7; Debian 6, 7; SLES 11 SP3; Ubuntu 10.04, 12.04, 14.04; FreeBSD 9.2, 10.0. NGINX Plus Extras and NGINX Plus Lua have additional package dependencies.
More information: NGINX Plus r4 Release Announcement.
2 April 2014
NGINX Plus r3
NGINX Plus r3 is a feature release of NGINX Plus:
- Automatic re-resolution of hostnames in upstream groups allows group members to be updated on-the-fly using DNS.
- New connection limits and an internal connection queue protect servers from connection overload and improve connection scheduling by NGINX’ load balancing.
- PROXY protocol support has been added.
- SPDY support has been updated to comply with draft 3.1.
- Additional controls over SSL have been added to control the use of session tickets and reduce time to first byte.
- IPv6 DNS resolution support had been added.
NGINX Plus r3 is supported on: RHEL/CentOS 5.9, 6.5; Debian 6, 7; SLES 11 SP3; Ubuntu 10.04, 12.04, 12.10, 13.10, 14.04; FreeBSD 9.2, 10.0. NGINX Plus Extras and NGINX Plus Lua have additional package dependencies.
More information: NGINX Plus r3 Release Announcement.
21 March 2014
NGINX Plus r2 security update
Security update for NGINX Plus r2:
- Fix: Vulnerability in experimental SPDY implementation in 1.5.7-3 and earlier.
5 March 2014
NGINX Plus r2 update
Bugfix update to NGINX Plus r2:
- Fix: NGINX Plus correctly applies the client_max_body_size limit when processing HTTP requests that contain chunk-encoded body data.
13 February 2014
NGINX Plus r2 update
Bugfix update to NGINX Plus r2:
- Updates to MP4 and HLS streaming.
- Fix for premature connection close when using SPDY with proxy cache.
- Updates to SPDY/2 implementation.
- Added extended status status.html, missing from some packages.
12 December 2013
NGINX Plus r2 release
NGINX Plus r2 is a feature release of NGINX Plus:
- Enhanced sticky routing support.
- Additional status metrics for virtual hosts and cache zones.
- Cache purge support (also available for FastCGI).
- Added support for cache revalidation.
- New module: ngx http auth request module (authorization based on the result of a subrequest).
22 August 2013
NGINX Plus release
NGINX Plus is the fully supported, commercial version of NGINX. It includes the NGINX open source modules and adds further features:
- Application Health Checks;
- Live Activity Monitoring with an Extended Status Module;
- Advanced Load Balancing;
- On-The-Fly Reconfiguration of Load-Balancing configuration;
- Extended Logging Capabilities;
- High Availability Setup;
- Adaptive Media Streaming.
NGINX Plus is available in multiple configurations, including support for additional NGINX F/OSS modules and Third-Party modules such as Lua and Phusion Passenger Open Source.