Ever wonder what’s behind the leading sites you use every day?
NGINX® is an open source web server that excels at large scale web integration, application security, web acceleration, content and application delivery.
NGINX SE for mission critical applications
Often companies and governments need more than code — they need immediate expertise that accelerates time to value for business essential capabilities.
We’ve taken the next step beyond open source NGINX. Now we offer commercial NGINX SE subscriptions with enhanced features, product support, and a full suite of professional services for complete end to end enterprise solutions.
Interested in learning more? Click to reach one of our experts right away.
Submit a request
to learn more about NGINX commercial products, get expert help, obtain an evaluation copy. Please describe your NGINX setup and the project requirements and we will follow up with the proposal.
For additional information about NGINX professional services please visit our Services page.
Coming from the software world NGINX offers a unique blend of a "web server" and a "software ADC", featuring most of the web acceleration and application delivery capabilities typically found only in expensive networking appliances. For system operations and developers NGINX offers freedom of choice and complete end to end control over heavy lifting of HTTP.
Fully supporting HTTP/1.1, SPDY/2, WebSocket, FastCGI, uwsgi and SCGI protocols NGINX allows to connect users to popular applications like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento etc. hosted on the same server, or on the network for improved performance and greater scalability.
Because of its compact and predictable memory and CPU usage, NGINX is extremely popular web software for use in all types of cloud environments, serving already over 45% of web sites hosted on Amazon's AWS.
NGINX enables easy integration with application frameworks like Node.js, Rails, Django, JBoss or Zend. Substituting or complementing legacy application server configurations with NGINX enables you to scale up a web site without unnecessary hardware purchases.
NGINX is a key software component of modern distributed web architectures at Netflix, Pinterest, CloudFlare, Airbnb, WordPress.com, GitHub, SoundCloud, Foursquare, Zynga, Eventbrite, NASA/JPL, Amazon, Zappos, Media Temple, Heroku, RightScale, Engine Yard, ZenDesk and many other companies.
- All services provided by NGINX Core Development and Support Team
- Notifications about security patches sent proactively
- NGINX SE server is any single standalone physical server, or virtual machine instance
- New and interim NGINX SE releases, updates and upgrades included in all plans
Do more with NGINX SE
|Configuration and Management||Basic||
|Certified for use on AWS||No||Yes|
|Support with SLA||No||Yes|
- HTTP Server and Web Accelerator
- HTTP/1.1, HTTPS, SPDY, WebSocket, SMTP, IMAP, POP3
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Load balancer, Edge cache, Reverse proxy
- 1 million simultaneous connections per server
- 100K+ virtual servers per instance
- Static content offload and HTTP video streaming
- On-the-fly content compression, filtering and manipulation
- Application Request Routing
- HTTP, FastCGI, SCGI, uwsgi, memcached
- Exact, prefix, regex based matching
- SSL Termination
- OCSP Stapling
- Bandwidth, connection and request policing
- Request filtering
- High Availability
- Active-Active, Active-Standby
- Live upgrades and reconfiguration with non-stop request processing
- Supported OS and Architectures
- Amazon Linux, Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, SuSE, SmartOS
- x86_64, i386, ARM